Roofs don’t last forever, and that’s not a secret. In fact, the average roof only has a lifespan of about 20-30 years. However, that doesn’t mean that your roof will wait until then to be replaced or will wait until the end of its lifespan before it gets damaged. The roof is prone to get busted too. But with proper maintenance and care, your roof could last even longer.
That being said, there are some signs that indicate it might be time for a new roof. If you notice any of the following, it’s probably time to start shopping for a new roof.
If you’ve recently experienced a severe storm, it’s crucial to inspect your roof for damage. Even if you don’t see any obvious signs of wear, hidden damage could lead to problems down the road. In this blog post, we’ll review some signs that you need a new roof after storm damage.
- Missing or damaged shingles: Look for missing, damaged, or curled shingles. If more than a few are damaged, it may be time to replace your roof.
- Shingle granules in the gutters: granules protect shingles from UV rays and help them last longer. If you see them in your gutters, your shingles are deteriorating and need to be replaced.
- Leaks in the attic: If you have leaks in your attic, water is getting through your roof and into your home. That can cause severe damage to your home, so getting it fixed as soon as possible is essential.
- Sunlight shining through the roof: If you can see sunlight shining through your roof, the shingles no longer provide adequate protection. That can lead to leaks and other damage, so it’s essential to have your roof inspected by a professional.
If you see any of these signs, you must call a professional roofing contractor to inspect your roof. They can help you determine if you need a new roof or if repairs are enough.
Your Roofline Is Sagging
Your roofline is one of the most critical parts of your home’s exterior. Not only does it protect your home from the elements, but it also adds to its curb appeal. So, it’s a big deal when your roofline starts to sag.
That is a big reason to do a roof replacement. If your roof is sagging, the structure is weakening and needs to be replaced. It is usually a sign that your roof is no longer structurally sound.
There are a few reasons why your roofline might start to sag. One is that the rafters or trusses that support your roof may have become weakened over time. This can happen due to age, rot, or insect damage. Another possibility is that your home has settled, and the roofline has dropped.
Whatever the reason, a sagging roofline is a serious problem. Not only does it make your home look unsightly, but it can also lead to further damage.
There Is Interior Water Damage
If you’ve noticed water damage on your ceiling, it’s time to call a roofing contractor. Here are some signs that indicate you need a new roof:
- Water stains on your ceiling
- Sagging ceiling
- Cracked or peeling paint
- Musty odours
- Roofing nails popping up
- Mould or Mildew
- Water stains on furniture
Roof leaks can cause significant damage to your home, so it’s essential to address them as soon as possible.
Inspecting your roof regularly and getting a new roof when necessary to protect your home from water damage is essential. A new roof will also help to keep your home energy-efficient and comfortable. Furthermore, it will also improve the appearance of your home and increase its value. So watch out for these signs, and if you think you might have a water damage problem, get in touch with a professional immediately for an inspection and estimate.
For your leaking roof concerns, you need reliable roofing services in Saskatoon. Wilderness Roofing has more than ten years of serving the area with more than 40 professionally certified workers. Call us at 306-717-8741 for an immediate response and competitive quote.